Monday, June 1, 2009

Metacognition: A thought about thinking about thoughts

Throughout this year I have developed different habits of mind in order to aid the rate at which I learn and improve my comprehension of the subject. I have been able to relate past events to current events. This has helped me create bridges between things which at first seen unalike. This alone is un-helpful which caused me to learn how to distinguish between significant and insignificant parts of discussion and the textbook. By using empathy I was better able to relate the past to the present, furthering my first habit of mind. These major habits of mind as well as lesser ones I have developed throughout this year have allowed me to improve myself in both history as well as multiple other classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment