Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Reflexion

Este es..... no I'll talk in english because I will never pass as hispanic. This entire chapter is really just background about the character and his family. I think the most interesting and a little boring at the same time, if thats even possible is when he talks about the lizards. Ok so you don't like lizards I don't care. However, for some reason I liked how this was written. I don't really know why. Mabey I just like boring books. Like in 9th grade Ms. Lewis' class read The Good Earth, one of my favorite books, but everyone else found it boring. I thought it was interesting because their life-style was just so different from mine, the characters in The Good Earth's life style. Maybe that's why I like this book, I like it because their life style is completely different from mine and because I know basically nothing about Cuba, which is a little strange because I know so many Cuban people. Well back to the lizards. Wow that was a stupid sentence. OK so I'm not sure if it was this chapter where they talk about how they torture the lizards........ Its not, but his hate f lizards is just so interesting. I think he hates them because they do nothing. Maybe this is a really really far out allusion to how he did, couldn't do anything to stop Cuba from being taken over by Fidel. I'm guessing that its not, but it would be cool if it was. I also really like how they believe in past lives. I don't think I believe in past lives, but I think that it would be really cool if I had absolute proof that that was true. Its interesting how they pretend to be European even though they live in Cuba. I guess that its true they're European, but personally speaking I'm British not Native American, but I call myself American. I guess things have changed, at least they seem to have changed to me.

I would like to talk about how they arn't aloud to listen to some types of music.. I don't agree with this at all. I think that it dosn't matter what music you listen to unless your going to take it to far. I'm going to say something just to make certent people mad. You shouldn't be aloud to listen to the Jonas Brothers. If your listening to a band that has a music video for falling in love with a pizza girl than your a little insane. You should be listening to Jack's Mannequin, Chester French, Calvin Harris, Tinchy Stryder, anything except for a band that has the offical worst song ever written.

Comment about your approval or disgust in my hate for the Jonas Brothers and what you think is the most interesting part of Ch 1.

3 comments:

  1. I like your blog. I think you made it really personal and added a lot of your opinions. I found it very interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your blog i just want to share my opinion, as most of the people i talk to know, i LOVE the Jonas Brothers and i just want to let you know the song Pizza Girl was written specifically for their childrens television show, the video is not one of their "music videos" its a clip from their television show. they would never actually write a song about falling in love with the pizza girl for their album. Most people who hate Jonas Brothers only hate them because they are partnered with Disney and they think they are childish and stupid, however, if you actually listen to their music or read about them people would find that they are just a couple of teenage boys who have been living out their dreams from when they were younger (and making a large profit haha) They are extremely talented, they write their own music, sing 100% live and amazingly at their concerts, they are great performers, they are SO nice (trust me ive met them :) hahah) also they play instruments, are adorable, and have remained so humble throughout their success. I really wish people would actually take the time to know something about them before they write them off as a stupid boyband. I understand that there are people who have different taste in music, but people should respect them for being some of the hardest working kids in the buisness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha Margaux! Well Ostin, your blog is really funny and you add your own personal touch to all of your posts which makes it really interesting! I love reading your blog and you have really captured your audience while still keeping to the topic of memoirs.

    ReplyDelete